Skip to main content
Readers, family, and friends,

It has taken me FOREVER to figure out how in the world to work a blog, and quite honestly I still dont know if I will do this right, but I am sure going to try! 

My name is Malerie (Pitt) Elwood- I just recently GOT MARRIED!!!!- to the cutest boy in the whole wide world 💛 Seriously he's the best thing that has ever happened to me and he was soooo worth the wait!! You can hear all about that story on a different blog post :)




I'm 28 years old (almost 29 which means almost 30 but who's counting?!) I'm currently living in California while that sweet husband of mine finishes his Masters of Accounting at USC over the next year and we love spending our weekends playing at the beach and watching Utah football. I have specialized in Oral Surgery and have worked in my field for almost a freakin DECADE! I currently work for Clearchoice, a Dental Implant Reconstruction Surgical Center, and most importantly- I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And I love the gospel with all my heart, might, mind and strength! 

This blog is really for anyone. I have been home from my LDS mission for almost a year and I have felt that my spiritual feasting has subsided since coming home after being fully submerged in the scriptures, and I have tried to figure out a way to help myself stay on track with my scripture study and gospel study so when the winds pick up and the storms come, I can remember how to handle life's challenges and celebrate all the mini successes with joy. So now you can read about them too in hopes that maybe you're searching for the same thing I am constantly looking to experience- that joy that is unspeakable and full of glory! 

On my mission I became obsessed with my journal. And more specifically, my study journal. The things I was learning, the spirit I was feeling, the scriptures coming to life, the inspiration, the things that kept me working hard every single day- And I miss it. Coming home, falling in love with the boy of my dreams, getting engaged, starting work, planning a wedding, moving to California, starting a new job- its been EXHAUSTING, yet absolutely unreal. I wouldn't change a thing! But I have felt that the things that kept me moving for 18 months have taken the back burner in my life and I have slowly felt myself sinking as I am suppose to be experiencing all of these fun, new, exciting things. I knew immediately what was wrong, what I needed to change, and as soon as I started small, it was like I jumped off a cliff (something I love to do haha) and felt that power that comes from choosing whats inconvenient for the most powerful result. I'm not like most people who have incredible hobbies and past times- I am almost 29 and I have told my husband countless times I feel like I don't have any talents. He is so sweet and gently reminds me with a smile on his face that you don't have to have some amazing physical talent to have talent. I cant draw, I cant sing, I cant build furniture, I play the piano but not very good, I like to exercise but I'm never coming in first, I loved playing sports- 10 years ago lol, I cant build things from scratch, I am not a very good cook, I'm very basic when it comes to hair and make up, my fashion trends are Lulu Lemon spandex and a sweatshirt with some Nike's or scrubs for work, I'm not very good with words and/or writing, I don't travel out of the country, I don't own a fancy camera to become the next big photographer, and the list goes on and on. Like my sweet husband, I have to remind myself that talents don't always come externally, but that some, and some really good talents come from within. Building my own self confidence has been one of the biggest struggles that this life has had to offer me- but its because of that struggle that I have developed the sight to see internal gifts God has given me. I love my family with all my heart. Becoming and aunt completely changed my life and helped me see that motherhood is one of the greatest gifts this world has to offer. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love what it can teach someone like me who sometimes feels like I have nothing to offer and nothing to put on the table. I love that it has taught me about love, and service, and being kind, and helping others. I love that I get tears in my eyes when I think of the Savior of this world who was sacrificed for ME, the girl with no external talents, yet I was blessed with so much more than I could ever realize. I love that I have a sensitivity to the teachings of the gospel. I love that the gospel has taught me to be brave. To seek knowledge. I love that the gospel has taught me to love passionately and that that is a good thing. I am grateful for my sweet husband who knows all of these things, yet tells me 12893749874895 times a day how much he loves me. This blog is to help me continue to learn, to progress, and hopefully continue to gain a testimony of the reality of talents- and that not all talents are physical, but some come straight from the heart. 

Comments